Flow Cytometry : Advantages of using Microfluidics
Positive aspects about Flow Cytometer based on Microfluidics:
1. To have a high purity and recovery for the sorted cell population.
2. To sort based on an intracellular characteristic in which magnetic beads would not have access.
3. To sort cell labelled with fluorescent probes for nuclear or other intracellular targets.
4. To have information about cell surface molecules.
5. To sort different receptors even if they are low in density.
6. To sort cells according to absence, density or presence of the receptors.