microLIQUID is on the hunt for experts. If you have the required background for this position as POST-DOC MICROFLUIDICS ENGINEER, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an experienced engineer with a strong technical background in the field of Microfluidics for a Post-Doc position on the Innovation team at microLIQUID. The candidate should have experience in design and fabrication process development, preferably on European projects. The candidate will lead internal development activities and should be highly motivated to work with team members to develop and validate new microfluidics-based design concepts, fabrication strategies and prototypes for the IVD industry.
Your primary responsibility would be the development of new microfluidic components and fabrication processes, and the management of recently undertaken European projects. It is essential that you be a hands-on person with excellent engineering skills and have the personal drive necessary to ensure project goals are achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The main functions of the position are:
- Lead the design and development of microfluidic components and processes based on internal requirements and identified needs
- Maintain expert knowledge of state-of-the-art microfluidic designs, features, fabrication processes, and device architectures
- Manage ongoing European projects and assist in the preparation of new proposals
- Work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with scientists and engineers to evaluate technical concepts, contribute to technical decisions, and identify realistic and innovative solutions
- Implement, analyze and present experiments to demonstrate feasibility of new methods and efficiently move microfluidic innovations through the development pipeline
- Maintain rigorous records, capturing experiment results, design decisions, design concepts, and other similar technical information
- Work in collaboration with Engineering team members to ensure technology transfer throughout the development process, in preparation for product development
- Consolidate progress effectively through SOPs, drawings, and specification sheets
- Manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively with limited oversight
- Mentor PhD students and junior microfluidics engineers
- Hands-on experience with design of self-contained microfluidic systems integrating microchannels, chambers, mixers, filters, flow control valves and/or other components
- Familiarity with microfluidics manufacturing technologies including injection molding, bonding, mechanical machining, laser machining, microfabrication and/or other equivalent technologies
- Experience in European project proposal preparation, management and execution
- Experience with fluidic, mechanical, and electrical instrumentation
- Experience with SolidWorks or other equivalent CAD packages
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across departments
- Demonstrated experience solving challenging, interdisciplinary research/development problems at the intersection of fluidics, biology, chemistry and materials science
- Experience developing test protocols/procedures, collecting and analyzing data, and creating detailed reports
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills
- PhD in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, or a related field (or Bachelor’s degree with significant research experience in microfluidics)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in microfluidic device design, integration and testing
- Experience building medical devices for sample preparation, concentration, purification, liquid handling, on-chip reagent storage and biodetection
- Experience with ISO 13485 guidelines and standards
- Experience in diagnostics product development
- Talent and passion for this industry
What we offer:
Long-term incorporation into a leading company in the sector with excellent prospects and a positive work environment. Attractive compensation package TBD based on background and experience
Does this sound like you?
If it does, you may be the one we are looking for! We hope to receive your CV soon.